Code of practice for the safe use of construction hoists
standard by BSI Group, 01/31/2016
- PDF Format
- NOTE: Our website provide PDF immediately download, sometimes when the payment is processed and you did not receive the file, please feel free to connect with us.
BS 7212:2016 gives recommendations for the installation, maintenance,examination and operation of construction hoists, including hoistway protection,and on the management of these activities. It provides recommendations for theselection, planning, siting, erection, alteration and dismantling of hoists. It alsosets out the responsibilities of the various parties involved in all these activities.
This British Standard is applicable to temporarily installed, powered constructionhoists, having a carrier, the movement of which is restricted or guided by one ormore masts.
NOTE Such hoists are used to transfer persons and/or goods between definedlanding levels on sites of engineering and construction. They are not intended foruse as temporary working places giving variable height access to specific areas.
This British Standard is not applicable to:
- rope driven passenger/goods hoists;
- hoists with platforms without sides providing protection conforming toBS EN 12158-1;
- inclined and vertical furniture hoists;
- concrete skip hoists;
- permanently installed lifts and hoists;
- mast climbing work platforms;
- mobile elevating work platforms;
- gin wheels;
- chain hoists and unguided wire rope hoists/winches;
- runway beams;
- suspended cradles;
- building maintenance units;
- wind turbine and tower crane access lifts;
- belt and chain conveyors;
- capstan winches;
- hoists powered by direct drive internal combustion engines;
- formwork hoist and climbing support system.
BS EN 12158-1
BS EN 12158-2
BS EN 12159
BS EN ISO 9712
BS ISO 4309
Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974
Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations
Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations
Supply of Machinery (Safety) Regulations 2008
Work at Height Regulations 2005
Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015
Safe use of lifting equipment. Lifting Operations and
Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998
Safe use of work equipment. Provision and Use of Work
Equipment Regulations 1998
Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations
All current amendments available at time of purchase are included with the purchase of this document.
- Number of Pages:
- File Size:
- 1 file , 1 MB
- Product Code(s):
- 30320229, 30320229, 30320229